The Vyntus™ IOS is the result of 25 years’ experience in Impulse Oscillometry. Tidal breathing analysis with Impulse Oscillometry (IOS) has proven to be an informative and meaningful tool used in the early detection and follow up of pulmonary diseases like asthma, COPD and idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis. IOS is almost independent of patient cooperation and can test a larger patient range than spirometry alone, from children, adult and geriatric patients.
The Vyntus IOS offers Spirometry and airway resistance diagnostics in one device:
- Assessment and differentiation of airway function under quiet breathing conditions.
- Allows testing children < 5 years of age.
- Automated Quality Management System for best results with multi trial concept
- Sensitive and early detection of pulmonary obstruction.
- Allows differentiation of central and peripheral airways by measuring airway resistance and reactance at multiple frequencies.
- More sensitive in detecting response to drug therapy than FEV1 alone.
- Excellent for bronchial provocation monitoring.
- Classification of small airway severity and interpretation of test results.