Respiratory Care Africa (RCA) has served the South African private- and public healthcare industry through proficient medical-, surgical- and orthopedic solutions built on consistent, committed service since 1998.
As a trusted partner in the South African healthcare fraternity pursuing the best possible patient outcomes, RCA actively adapts to the broader context of clinical operations. It invests in new proficiencies as it navigates towards a wider specialized and multidisciplinary approach consistent with the vision of health.
Rooted in RCA, RCAdx embraces and enables next-generation in vitro diagnostic solutions essential to the future of health as an intuitive and insightful IVD partner committed to exploring and discovering relevant solutions and collaborating across healthcare landscapes consistent with a value-based and sustainable healthcare delivery system.
To advance on RCAdx’s vision of becoming a principal in-vitro diagnostic solutions partner creating genuine value and sustainability for ALL stakeholders in healthcare, we are looking for a driven, ambitious, energetic, and hands-on Haematology and Clinical Chemistry Product Manager who will be responsible for driving success within the RCAdx laboratory division as a subject matter expert with an inherent appetite for challenging the status quo and actively contributing towards the future of health.
1. Marketing and Strategy:
- Develop, in line with supplier- and management directives, marketing, product, and brand awareness plans to achieve the targeted product positioning, product life cycle, pricing, promotional, and profitability strategies in line with internal and external targets.
- Development of marketing strategy and execution of plans for the assigned products to influence and drive marketing, sales, and pricing strategies.
- Adopts and develops marketing plan based on segmentation of customers.
- Own the portfolio of sales enablement materials including customer-facing and internal information ensuring key messaging and positioning are consistent and comply with supplier directives.
- Maintain a pulse on the competitive landscape and make recommendations to strengthen RCAdx’s value proposition and differentiators.
- Plan and organize RCAdx’s presence and attendance at relevant exhibitions, conferences, and symposia.
- Stay informed of the latest developments in laboratory solutions and developments through participation in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, expanding personal networks, and insight into key challenges and changes.
- Collects and analyses secondary data from market research (patient flow, guidelines, etc.).
2. Commercial & Relational:
- Provide input for commercial targets for the product range, with a focus on growing revenues and sustained profitability.
- Provide sales, application specialists, and technical services teams with regular and relevant product information, and competitive insights – provide skills education and coaching to build and support product knowledge and general marketing competencies.
- Review of sales performance of assigned portfolio specific to regions and accounts and provide recommendations to drive improved sales performance.
- Reporting and clear communication of the progress of monthly/quarterly/annual initiatives to internal and external stakeholders.
- Preparing necessary administrative reports.
- Pricing and tender management – act as a resource for contract negotiation, pricing, proposal, and bid preparation.
- Maintain sound and constructive relationships with suppliers.
- Through regular in-field presence, develop and maintain Key Account / major buying groups, KOL, and government-related bodies’ relationships to forge a strong network in partnership with relevant sales team/s.
- Complete and review weekly/monthly, product inventory demand forecasting timeously and accurately to minimize stock write-offs.
- Responsible for maintaining and continuously improving the quality system and achieving quality objectives through daily actions.
Qualification and experience:
- Relevant bachelor’s degree preferred / NQF6 as a minimum.
- Minimum of 5 years of commercial marketing- and product management experience in hematology and Clinical Chemistry solutions with proven knowledge and expertise of the South African Private and Public IVD industry.
- Highly skilled and experienced in different pricing models about instrument placements/reagent rentals/lease agreements for customer contracts and tenders.
- Experience in strategy development and new business development is required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Existing relationships with KOLs are critical.
- Understanding of public and private reimbursement mechanisms.
- Experience in Coagulation and Chemiluminescence immunoassay solutions is advantageous.
- Self-motivated and proactive in achieving goals.
- High level of autonomy but also comfortable working as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, written along with the ability to deliver impactful presentations.
- Outstanding negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Proven analytical and forward-looking thought process.
- Well organized and able to simultaneously manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to function within agile cross-functional teams.