Respiratory Care Africa (RCA) has been serving the South African private- and public healthcare industry through proficient medical-, surgical- and orthopedic solutions built on consistent, committed service since 1998.
As a trusted partner in the South African healthcare fraternity pursuing the best possible patient outcomes, RCA is actively adapting to the broader context of clinical operations and is investing in new proficiencies as it navigates towards a wider specialised and multidisciplinary approach consistent with the vision of health.
Rooted in RCA, RCAdx embraces and enables next-generation in vitro diagnostic solutions essential to the future of health as an intuitive and insightful IVD partner committed to exploring and discovering relevant solutions and collaborating across healthcare landscapes consistent with a value-based and sustainable healthcare delivery system.
To advance on RCAdx’s vision of becoming a principal in-vitro diagnostic solutions partner creating genuine value and sustainability for ALL stakeholders in healthcare, we are looking for a driven, ambitious, energetic, and hands-on Haematology and Clinical Chemistry Product Manager who will be responsible for driving success within the RCAdx laboratory division as a subject matter expert.
Marketing and Strategy:
- Develop, in line with supplier- and management directives, marketing, product and brand awareness plans to achieve the targeted product positioning, product life cycle, pricing, promotional and profitability strategies in line with internal and external targets.
- Development of marketing strategy and execution of plans for the assigned products to influence and drive marketing, sales and pricing strategies.
- Adopts and develops marketing plan based on segmentation of customers.
- Own the portfolio of sales enablement materials including customer facing and internal information ensuring key messaging and positioning is consistent and complies with supplier directives.
- Maintain pulse on competitive landscape and make recommendations to strengthen RCAdx’s value proposition and differentiators.
- Plan and organise RCAdx’s presence and attendance at relevant exhibitions, conferences, and symposia.
- Stay informed of the latest developments in laboratory solutions and developments through participation in educational opportunities, reading of professional publications, expanding personal networks, and attending of relevant national and international conferences and exhibitions to maintain deep expertise and insight into key challenges and changes.
- Collects and analyses secondary data from market research (patient flow, guidelines, etc.).
Commercial & Relational:
- Provide input for commercial targets for the product range, with a focus on growing revenues and sustained profitability.
- Provide sales, application specialists and technical services teams with regular and relevant product information, and competitive insights – provide skills education and coaching to build and support product knowledge and general marketing competencies.
- Review of sales performance of assigned portfolio specific to regions and accounts and provide recommendations to drive improved sales performance.
- Reporting and clear communication of the progress of monthly/quarterly / annual initiatives to internal and external stakeholders.
- Preparing of necessary administrative reports.
- Pricing and tender management – act as a resource for contract negotiation, pricing, proposal, and bid preparation.
- Sound and constructive relationship with supplier.
- Through regular in-field presence, develop and maintain Key Account / major buying groups, KOL and government related bodies’ relationships to forge a strong network in partnership with relevant sales team/s.
- Complete and review weekly/monthly, product inventory demand forecasting timeously and accurately to minimize stock write-offs.
- Responsible for maintaining and continuously improving the quality system and achieving quality objectives through daily actions.
- Self-motivated and proactive in achieving goals.
- High level of autonomy but also comfortable working as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, written as well as the ability to deliver impactful presentations.
- Outstanding negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Proven analytical and forward-looking thought process.
- Well-organized and able to simultaneously manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to function within agile cross functional teams.
- Relevant bachelor’s degree preferred / NQF6 as minimum.
- Minimum of 5 years commercial marketing- and product management experience in Haematology and Clinical Chemistry solutions with proven knowledge and expertise of the South African Private and Public IVD industry.
- Highly skilled and experienced in different pricing models pertaining to instrument placements / reagent rentals / lease agreements for customer contracts and tenders.
- Experience in strategy development and new business development required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Existing relationships with KOLs critical.
- Understanding of public and private reimbursement mechanisms.
- Experience in Coagulation and Chemiluminescence immunoassay solutions advantageous.