The purpose of the F&P Sales Representative is to promote, market & sell the F&P product portfolio within the division, achieving a monthly sales budget, whilst covering a dedicated Territory (Sales Area) assigned to him/her.
To take care of all customer needs in this assigned area, to co-ordinate and solve all customer related queries/complaints and to ensure customers are satisfied with service received from RCA at all times. The F&P sales representative’s role will contribute to the overall achievement of the F&P Division’s Sales, business strategies, vision, mission and goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Achieving 100% of the set budget through selling of the Theatre product portfolio.
- Develop and maintain professional and dynamic relationships with clients, which meet the business goals, client expectations, and RCA’s objective of developing long-term client relationships.
- Ensures 100% customer satisfaction with regard to RCA service delivery
- Covering of Territory (Sales Area) and Customer Database to be updated regularly and available for viewing by Manager at all times via Exchange.
- Cooperate as a team member of the Mindray Division, with respective sales reps, product managers, and divisional managers.
- The gaining and retaining of Product Knowledge with regards to all of the Mindray Product portfolio remain the responsibility of the Sales Representative; he/she will receive formal training on products and is expected to study, research, and be tested on his/her product knowledge. An acceptable pass mark for a test is 85%.
- Perform any other reasonable duty that may be required from time to time and do so within the given timeframe deadline.
- Operate within RCA policies and practices and always be professional adopting a personal ‘role model’ stance, which represents RCA’s mission and vision.
- Keep up to date with developments in RCA and the industry to maintain RCA’s leading-edge approach.
- Must be able to successfully launch new product to market.
- Work closely with the Divisional Manager and General Sales manager to identify customer requirements, potential support, and a sales plan for the territory.
- Complete and update Territory planning and reporting as requested.
- Establish and maintain an up-to-date customer data base.
- Must be able to gather and report on competitor activity within the Territory.
- Be able to give an accurate sales forecast for the set territory.
- Achieve sales targets (budget) for the territory.
- Effective sales skills and self-motivating.
- Should have a good understanding of anatomy and physiology, as well as clinical theatre procedures.
- Professional and effective communicator.
- Must be agile and able to build and utilize strong relationships and networks, both internally and with key external stakeholders.
- Must be able to manage the complexity of working with multiple personnel within a facility.
- Be experienced with in-theatre and on-patient applications.
- Set up SOC trials as per protocols to introduce Product and Therapy in the Territory.
- Must be able to travel outside of the set Territory if needed.
- Arrange CPD functions, workshops to grow the business as well as attend conferences when and where needed.
- Provide in-service training on a continuous basis.
- Good record keeping of equipment and training provided.
- Be able to assist with logistical arrangements and commissioning of equipment when needed.
- Must be available to work longer hours when required.
Product Knowledge: Study our product range well and pass exams which are periodically circulated, attend at least 75% of classes and online presentations, and submit assignments within deadlines.
Coverage Planning: Count the number of customers in the territory and prepare a plan to visit all of them in a certain period (Max 3 Months).
Area Coverage: Weekly plans should match your coverage plan.
Prospecting: Follow up with customers according to priority to save time and be more focused on finalizing 75% – 100% leads first.
Reports: Fulfil your weekly plan and report and update your customer database weekly. Weekly plans and reports should match each other. Update your calendar on a weekly basis, and always being updated two weeks in advance.
Market Study: Transfer all the Market and Competitor data onto the database. Collect all the market and competitor data as per the database provided. This will also be shared with RCA Management and the THRIVE Team during our monthly meetings.
Sales Targets: Follow up and track your numbers monthly to ensure target achievement is reached.
Requirements & Experience:
- Grade 12 / Matric & relevant qualification will be advantageous (Clinical).
- ICU Experience (Preferable)
- Previous Sales Experience (Preferable 1-2 years)
- Computer literate.
- Existing relationships with Key Opinion Leaders and Supply Chain Management advantageous.
- Preference will be given to a candidate living in the above-mentioned area.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Must have good reporting & feedback communication skills and be self-motivated.
- Must be able to work after hours, if required.
- Entrepreneurial flare & Flawless Integrity
- Tender Experience & Track Record preferred.