Purpose of the Job
The purpose of the MEDICAL Sales Representative is to promote, market & sell the MEDICAL product portfolio within the division, achieving a monthly sales budget, whilst covering a dedicated Territory (Sales Area) assigned to him/her.
To take care of all customer needs in this assigned area, to co-ordinate and solve all customer related queries/complaints and to ensure customers are satisfied with service received from RCA at all times. The MEDICAL sales representative’s role will contribute to the overall achievement of the MEDICAL Division’s Sales, business strategies, vision, mission and goals.
Job Objectives and Duties
- Achieving 100% of set budget through selling of MEDICAL product portfolio.
- Develop and maintain professional and dynamic relationships with clients, which meet the business goals, client expectations, and RCA’s objective of developing long-term client relationships.
- Set up Standard of Care Trials as per the Strategy
- Align individual strategy with divisional and RCA strategies.
- Ensures 100% customer satisfaction with regards to RCA service delivery
- Covering of Territory (Sales Area) and Customer Database to be updated regularly and available for viewing by Manager at all times
- Cooperate as team member of the Division, with respective sales reps, product managers and divisional manager.
- The gaining and retaining of Product Knowledge with regards to all of the Product portfolio remains the responsibility of the Sales Representative; he/she will receive formal training on products and is expected to study, research and be tested on his/her product knowledge. An acceptable pass mark for the test (85%)
- Perform any other reasonable duty that may be required from time to time and do so within the given timeframe deadline.
- Operate within RCA policies and practices and always be professional adopt a personal ‘role model’ stance, which represents RCA’s mission and vision.
- Keep up to date with developments in RCA and the industry so that RCA’s leading-edge approach is maintained.
- Assess market opportunity. Develop & Present business strategy to meet Management approval.
- Develop Divisional business – increase market share in alignment with agreed business objectives in the Divisional market.
- Arrange CPD functions, workshops to grow the business as well as attend conferences when and where needed.
- Provide in-service training on a continuous basis.
- Good record keeping of equipment and training provided.
- Be able to assist with logistical arrangements and commissioning of equipment when needed.
- Must be able to work longer hours when required.
Product Knowledge – Study our product range well and pass exams which is periodically circulated, attend at least 75% of classes and online presentations and submit assignments within deadlines.
Coverage Planning – Count the number of customers in territory and prepare a plan to visit all of them in a certain period (Max 3 Months)
Area Coverage – Weekly plans should match your coverage plan.
Prospecting – Follow up with customers according to priority to save time and be more focused on finalising 75% – 100% leads first
Reports – Fulfil your weekly plan and report and update your customer database weekly. Weekly plans and reports should match each other. Update your calendar on a weekly basis, and always being updated two weeks in advance. Please use the approved templates for all reports needed.
Market Study – Transfer all the Market and Competitors data onto database. Collect all the market and competitor’s data as per the database provided. This will also be shared with RCA Management and the Divisional Team during our monthly meetings.
Sales Targets – Follow up your numbers monthly to ensure target achievement is reached.
Qualifications / Experience
- Grade 12 / Matric & relevant qualification will be advantageous (Clinical).
- ICU Experience (Preferable)
- Previous Sales Experience (Preferable 1-2 years)
- Computer literate.
- Existing relationships with Key Opinion Leaders and Supply Chain Management advantageous.
- Preference will be given to a candidate living in the above-mentioned area.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Must have good reporting & feedback communication skills and be self-motivated.
- Must be able to work after hours, if required.
- Entrepreneurial flare & Flawless Integrity
- Tender Experience & Track Record preferred.